03/12/08

A tribute to fashion... part 1

Hello... so; as I've said before, I have been doing a lot of fashion searching online and check a lot of fashion blogs and my love for fashion has rekindled. I always loved fashion but never really expressed it and I had some periods where I wasn't so interested (basically whenever some trend I didnt like was all the rage; and there isn't really a lot of fashionistas at Toluca, or at least at my school at the time; they all looked like clones comming out of "Tu" magazine with no style or attitude and that really got me mad) though my love for fashion photography is everlasting and a true passion.
Now... if only I had more $$$$ I would renew my wardrobe and go to a shopping spree, but that's kinda difficult in Montevideo. Most of the stores I've seen only have basics and few bold statement clothing or unique looking (something I really look for when I spend some serious cash in clothes; I really dont want to spend over usd$100 for something i could get for half it's price... it does have to look unique) or maybe I haven't learned the shopping spots where uruguayan fashionistas shop; but I am slowly learning. Also most of the people here play it safe and dont take some risks or explore the style so it's kinda discouraging; but thankfully I go to design school and I have some friends and classmates that dress amazing; and there are some girls that study fashion design that do the most amazing accesories.... I die, and yeah; they dress so cool.

So; inspired by this I will showcase my few clothing and accesories; my few designer items and some awesome clothing and accesories I own; and hopefully with time my collection will get bigger.

To start I'll show my first designer purse and my first designer piece I've ever bought with my own money. It was really love at first sight; when I saw it and I just happened to have the money in my purse, it had to be mine. I also happened to have a huge phone at the time and the purse had just the size of my phone, so I thought it was a cute idea to have that purse when i only carried one bill and my phone and nothing else. It's a moschino dog clutch...in patent orange... and it's so weird it's cute.
Some of my best memories with this purse was when I went visiting my friend Emma in Cancun and we went to eat sushi near her place and when we were going back to her car to go home an american girl came running towards me and said "OMG! THAT PURSE! what brand is it?" and I was surprised and said "well, it's Moschino" and she asked me where did i get it and when I said Mexico City she was like... oh; ok, thanks! and then left. I felt so proud. She's been hiding in my closet for a while now; years probably (except for that photo where i was practicing my product photography skills early this year) but she'll probably see a comeback this summer... she needs her time out in Montevideo, and seeing that orange is back for summer; it might be a good time to take her out at night.

1 comentarios:

Ella Gregory dijo...

The little dog is so sweet.